Saturday, July 31, 2010

Convention 2010 SWAPS





My swaps for Convention.

First four are the swaps I made using the faux lace technique for The WOW swap.
I turned the stamp upside down from Friends never fade. I thought it made the perfect Angel.
I used this same stamp for my swap at Linda Hansen's Dinner. It makes a great Christmas card but I decided to just use the greeting "for you" since the samples were going to her group.
Next are my 2 Christmas organized swaps. I was in 2 groups here and this called for 2 layers so I tried to do an easier card that would be easy to be reproduced in a class or workshop. The next card was made from the new cute by an inch for my LNS swap. I cased this from Mary Fish and just changed the objects to the new inchees. The next cards were all general swaps. I love that new Friends never fade so I made the angel again. Cheers to you is always a favorite. I saw a card on Stamptastic that was made for Christmas - loved the colors and thought that would look great as a cocktail card. Fifth avenue floral is such a classic- I saw a card like this on Kismet, Art and Life. They used a non SU set but it reminded me of this stamp set so I did the same basic idea.
I think it came out great. I swapped out of this one first. An apple a day-When I saw this set I knew I wanted to do some type of teacher card. I remembered seeing a card on Kween Bee Kreations- for those of you who don't know, she is Mary Fish's niece. Look at their work. Same neat, classic style. Anyway I took the idea she had and used the apple to make it current. Almost done- I love the new newsprint paper. I saw so many projects done with this. I cased this idea from Susan Raihala- I added the new newsprint paper and changed the punch and greeting.
Finally the bird-I had seen Blue Egg Craze use a bird made out of buttons where she drew in the tail and feet- When I saw the sweetheart set I didn't like the tail so I cut it off and drew in my own tail. I know the feet could use some work. When you reproduce yours you can make beautiful feet. Her design was similar but I changed it up with SU. If you can't figure out the recipe email me and I will give you more detailed info.


No comments: